Monday, September 24, 2012

The PRetty Poems Project and The Green-Light-Go Project

Hello Pretty people!
 
So....
 
I know you are anticipating my journey on the quest to make 300 bracelets (Trust me I'm excited too).....
 
But alas...
There are always complications.
 
You see....
 
I don't know the first thing about making jewelry.
 
Apparently there are specific tools, beads and ways on making a bracelet.
 
So the Green-Light-Go Project is in an imaginary hiatus for at least a month.
 
By "imaginary hiatus" I mean, I will not be posting about the project for at least a month, because I am taking classes, reading up and doing a ton of research so I can make the best bracelet I possibly can!
 
So in the meantime, I am going to restart a project me and my fellow colleges discussed quite some time ago, and that is...
 
THE PRETTY POEM PROJECT!
 
Last year I attended college AP classes in Poetry and other Artsy things.
 
I made a ton of friends and contacts, and through that this project I dea was born.
This shall be part of the final project Readings. (that is why I am making the Bracelets in the first place).
 
The Pretty Project overall goal is to have a reading week series of poems, plays and other artful things on Broadway (off-Broadway). I want to establish this as an up and coming Theatre Company.
 
All the proceeds will go to charities that help the victims of self abuse (ED, Suicide, mental diseases etc.) and abuse from others (rape victims in Somalia and America, child abuse victims etc.)
 
The week (ideally) will compose of:
 
MONDAY: A Film and Play about the Pretty Project morals/themes (plus a great opening night party with fancy crackers and cheese).
 
TUESDAY: A live questionnaire with the interviewees of the pretty project. Plus some of their artwork (paintings and such).
 
WEDNESDAY: THE PRETTY POEMS PROJECT (where myself and other poets shall collect and write from and for the victims of what we are fundraising for and perform them).
 
THURSDAY: 10 minute plays by colleges and myself.
 
FRIDAY: The WORLD PREMIRE OF MY ANTHOLOGY: Fat Ass, Skinny bitch: World War Size 2 ( A play i have been working on since I was in 8th grade. It is my manifesto.) (Also followed by a closing amazing party with even fancier crackers and fancier cheese.)
 
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY: Counting the money and giving it to the charities, plus interviewing some of the girls I visit at shelters (and boys too. All People are Pretty People).
 
THEN THE PROCESS STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!
 
So Tonight, I am contacting my dear, good colleges. Tomorrow I will post the participants and we shall begin writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment