Monday, October 15, 2012

How To Spell Love

I'm a fool
But I'm not stupid.

So don't think I don't feel the arrows in my back
When I turn and hug you
Saying it is going to be okay.

And yes: I was lying.

Because nothing is the way you need it to be,
I thought I could lean on you
But I fell down into the grave
You dug as you buried me under
Your guilt and this feeling
You like to spell out on your forehead
Like a neon sign.

Labels.

All over us;
Like skin almost, but not.
Seeping into my veins with words of truth and exaggeration.

Hello my name is...
Not important.
But what is, is the placement.
See you stamp it out in block letters over every surface you see
Claim it to be yours.

You see, I am not yours.

I am me.
Mine.

And this label you try to brand into my memory
Like it's been here all this time
And you’re the only one who sees it.

But you’re not that special.

I see it, I just don't hear the bells
Until you clang them against my forehead ringing them
Into my cerebral asking me if
I can feel it now.

You tell me to spell out the ways I love you;

I can barley even say I love you to myself,
And I can certainty not say I love you to someone who
Holds hands with barbwire wrists
And uses they're lips for cursing the others that pursue kisses


Don't ask me to spell out love for you.
It's something you feel.

.
.
.

I don't feel anything anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment