Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Skeleton In our Health Class

Hello Pretty People! This is day...okay, I've lost count already: but it is week 2 of the poems project!
I hope you like today's work!:

***

I dreamed once that I saw your face
In my mirror, rippling like water
With drops of Jupiter in your hair,
Just like the Train song.

I asked if you found what you were looking for,
You said you don't like music.
I asked again until you gave me that look
In your eyes that screamed
Silence the only answer I can give you.

I should have known better
Than to step on the feet of the
Wide eyed dreamer,
Because your head is too big
To look down on the ground
As you look up to the sky
And forget about this ant called
Your sister in which you have left behind.

I started dating the skeleton in our heath class,
Because he had nothing he could hide behind;
Always exposed and ready for me
To be--- to be.

And he inspires me-
Inspires me to be something more.
Something beautiful other than the shadow
Of the girl with big dreams that just so happens
To share my last name.

So let’s talk about the big elephant in the room.

I know you don't like it when I talk about myself,
But you never seem to either,
So I do all the talking and you do all the thinking.

The skeleton in the health class does the feeling
And I try to do the living
But I can't live if I'm not feeling-
Feeling the moment in my bones.

My ribcage can't touch the air yet,
And my collar bone is yet to protrude out to touch your lips
As they whisper words to me
"What are you doing, Sarah?"

That's the first thing you've said to me in months.

What am I doing?

I'm dating the Skeleton in our health class,
Because he doesn't have a heart and he loves me more than you ever will.

So as you are the girl with the stars in her eyes,
I am the girl with the rocks in her stomach
Laid against this pole upside my back.

I hear the teacher enter the class:

"Good day students. Today we're going to dissect the broken teenager who has lived in the shadow of her sister so long that she became a shadow entirely. Now turn to page 100 and begin".

I can't wait to be looked at from under a microscope.
Maybe then you'll start to see me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment